Fall is officially here in Canada!!!!
And with that said, here is a simple yet delicious ‘Chickpea & Kale Curry bowl’ to get you started on your fall recipe menu. It is savoury, warming and nurturing bowl of goodness!!! Tested and approved!! a must try 🙂 need I say more? 😉
As a true follower of Ayurveda (the traditional healing system of India), I believe that your diet should be constantly tweaked to align with the weather changes, your surroundings, your state of mind and of course a specific point of time in your life.
Summers are all about using cooling drinks, salads and ice-creams and we all enjoyed it. However, with Fall now in full swing, it definitely calls for using more warming and nurturing recipes to help your bodies align with the changing flavours of nature.
Here is a recipe that is warming, cooked with a blend of warming spices and a secret ingredient, which is coconut milk! it brings all the flavours together and adds a bit of sweetness to the mix!
- This recipe serves 2-3 portions.
- 1+1/2 bowl of boiled chickpeas
- ½ cup of chopped fresh Kale
- 1 - 2 tablespoon of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of oil (olive oil or coconut oil)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- spices - salt, cumin, turmeric, black pepper (portions as per your taste!)
- Sauté the onions and tomatoes with a little bit of oil
- Add Kale to the pan, stir and mix well
- Wash and rinse chickpeas and add it to the pan
- Sauté all well for 5 min
- add in the spices - cumin seeds, salt, turmeric, black-pepper (quantities as per your taste)
- mix well, and then add in the coconut milk (1 to 2 tablespoons). Coconut milk is the secret ingredient in this curry. It will balance off the flavours and a bit of sweetness to the mix.
- Stir and cook for another 2-3 min
- Serve with white rice and some cilantro leaves to the bowl. Enjoy!
Recipe inspiration from – goop.com.