With Summer still in full swing, I have been cooking up a lot of easy summer salads for my lunches!! This very recipe is the most simplest take on a Quinoa salad bowl, and yet so refreshing and satisfying!!
All you need is a cup of Quinoa, my favourite spice “Turmeric”, fresh grated ginger, fresh mint and fresh beets/oven roasted!! and there you go…you have a healthy, refreshing, healing salad bowl done and ready for you!! no kidding!!
Here is why you should have this recipe on your finger tips –
- Turmeric is a healing spice that acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, and this is a easy way to include it in your salads as well! Turmeric is a neutral spice, which means all body types can enjoy it’s benefits!
- When combined with fresh ginger, Turmeric’s taste is enhanced and it’s healing powers are multiplied!
- Beets used in this salad are oven-roasted and lightly coated with olive oil and drizzled with pink rock salt. Roasted beets are easier to digest than raw, and tastes great as well! Beets have natural anti-aging properties, and well-known for it’s detoxifying and cleansing abilities!
- Added fresh mint leaves as garnish, adds to the flavour, as well as makes this salad bowl even more refreshing and calming!
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of olive oil
- 2-3 raw beets
- 5-7 fresh mint leaves
- Wash and rinse 1 cup of Quinoa
- Boil 2 cups of water and add in the Quinoa
- While Quinoa is still cooking, add in Turmeric and fresh grated ginger, and oil.
- meanwhile, chop up beets and roast it in the over for 5 min, drizzled with a little oil and salt (on broil setting).
- Once Quinoa is cooked, pour it out in a bowl
- Layer with roasted beets on the top
- drizzle fresh mint leaves to finish off!
Hope you enjoyed! let me know how it goes 🙂