This recipe is a modification of my all time favourite breakfast, that is – chickpea flour pancakes (Besan pancakes). These are perfect breakfast for the weekends. However, I thought I am going to add in a twist and use it as a lunch recipe; and a Burrito in Chickpea flour wrap was born in my mind 🙂
It is Dairy free, Gluten Free, and above all, nutritious, savoury and easy to prepare!!
Typically, burritos come in a corn wrap or tortillas, which is sure good in taste, however, Corn is a grain that is not highly digestible by all. If you feel uncomfortable, or bloated post a corn tortillas meal, then this recipe is a must for you!!
I used seasonal veggies, black beans, some fresh spinach leave, avocado slices, and some basil leaves to get this going!
Here is the recipe and steps to prepare –
- Filling: fresh seasonal veggies, white onion, black beans or beans of your choice, fresh basil, mint, avocado, salt, pepper.
- Chickpea Flour Wrap: 1 cup chickpea flour (Besan), chopped mint leaves, salt and pepper
- Filling: Sauté seasonal veggies with a little oil on medium heat, in a pan
- add in black beans or mung beans and stir to mix well.
- add in avocado slices to the pan and mix well.
- in 1 small cup of chickpea flour, add in a few tablespoons of water to make a paste. Mix well with a spoon so that there are no knots in the mix. Add in more water to make it a liquid paste, similar to pancake mix.
- Lightly oil skillet, or a pan on a medium heat. Pour in one scoop of chickpea flour liquid and let it simmer and once it looks cook on the bottom side, flip it over to cook the other side.
- Once cooked, let is cool for a few minutes.
- then take a wrap and fill in the burrito mix. Serve it with salad, salsa or mint chutney!
So a little something personal, because I just cannot contain my excitement!! My parents just made a trip down to India and brought back so many authentic ancient healing cook books. Oh yes, they were given a long list of authors that I love to follow as some of these books are not available in North America. My awesome parents lugged all that I asked for 🙂 and I can’t wait to read, try and test these recipes, healing methods, ancient Yoga literature, lifestyle tips and tricks (ill be posting a lot more of the wisdom that I gain from these books, soon on the blog! So stay tuned!)