So we just had a long weekend in this part of the world!! It is usually the time of year, when you are either invited to parties or family events. With that comes indulging into your favorite which are “not so healthy” food choices. I am sure you know what I am trying to say by now 🙂
Well, not to worry! here is a simple recipe to get your calm back into your guts. Sip away all your tummy qualms and feel better in a few hours through this simple tea recipe!
This recipe is a traditional Ayurvedic remedy to treat uneasiness of the gut. You can have this tea on a daily basis and consume it in-between your meals. It will help you relax and digest your food better.
Why you should have it?
The ingredients used in this tea provide a cooling, soothing can calming effect and is best suited for summer and fall seasons.
- Fennel seeds have cooling and calming properties which helps in removing excessive heat from your digestive system
- Cilantro seeds as well are cooling in nature and provide the soothing effect. Seeds bear power versus the leaves, however cilantro leaves can also be used as a replacement to seeds.
- Rose petals provide a great aroma and flavour to this tea, but that’s not all! Edible Rose petals are also soothing and helps remove toxins.
Simple to prepare with only 3 ingredients!! Prepare a large jug in the morning, steep and consume it through the day.
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cilantro seeds
- ¼ teaspoon of edible rose petals (found at herbal or a local Indian store)
- 1 cup of boiled water
- Put fennel seeds, cilantro seeds and rose petals in a cup
- Pour in 1 cup of hot water to this cup
- let is steep for 10 min
- sip it away (most recommended 30 min post meals).