This is my second chutney/spread recipe in a row! Well, it is simply because it is summer time and we are just loving preparing easy and fresh meals like wraps and salads, which goes along so well with a soothing and tasteful dip or chutney :). If you missed my last week’s post on healing Turmeric Hummus (here is the link ->Turmeric Hummus (healing, healthy and nutritious!))
Here is why should have this unique combination of Mint and Cashews –
Mint is a natural healer that works magic with your digestive system. It helps to repair and heal your gut lining, and is a well-known Ayurvedic medicine for acidic stomach, heartburn and indigestion. Cashews on the other hand are considered natural stress-busters and are rich in Iron, Magnesium and Protein. Combination of mint and soaked raw cashews make a creamy minty dip which is flavourful, healing and nourishing!
Hope you enjoy! Please leave me comment if you gave this one a try 🙂
- 1 bunch of fresh mint leaves
- ½ cube of fresh ginger
- a handful of raw cashews (soaked in water for 1-2 hrs)
- ½ teaspoon of rock salt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of roasted cumin powder
- Wash mint leaves, ginger and soaked raw cashews
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (I used my magic bullet)
- finish off with a sprinkle of roasted cumin powder, Dip is ready to go!