This recipe has been in my mind since the start of this summer, and I finally had a chance to put it together this week; I am so glad I did :). It turned out amazing and my next load is already in the freezer 🙂
So here is how it all began. Me and my husband went for our regular shopping excursion at a local Indian store and I spotted these “Rose Petals” on the shelf. I was delighted to have finally found them, as I have read so much about “Rose petals”, it is a natural cooling agent which neutralizes imbalances in the body. Especially during the summer time when hot and humid weather can trigger emotional and digestive imbalance of heat (Pitta Dosha) in the body.
Rose is a symbol of love and romance, however in Ayurveda it is highly regarded as a herb that holds extraordinary healing properties. Rose is believed to balance emotions and it’s effect on heart – no wonder it has been a symbol of love and compassion for thousand of years!
Here are additional healing benefits of Rose Petals –
- Reduces excessive heat in the body (Pitta Dosha)
- Promotes natural glow in skin through it’s moisturizing properties (often used in natural and herbal skin treatments)
- Cooling and Soothing to fight off summer related imbalances in emotions such as anger, agitation and stress.
- Rose essence is commonly used for detoxification of blood, liver and spleen.
This recipe is so simple to make and only needs a handful of ingredients – coconut milk, cardamom pods, sugar and dry edible rose petals (You can find edible rose petals in herbal/natural stores or your local Indian store)
- 2 cups of Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 5-6 cardamom pods
- ½ cup of white sugar (vary the quantity depending on how sweet you want)
- 1 teaspoon dry rose Petals (for popsicles mix)
- 1 tablespoon of dry rose petals (for quoting on popsicles)
- In a pan, pore in 2 cups of coconut milk and let it cook on medium heat for a few minutes
- add in cardamom pods
- add in sugar
- add in 1 teaspoon of rose petals to the mix
- let it simmer in low heat for another 5 min
- Turn the heat of, and let it cool
- Once cooled, pore in your popsicle cubes and put it in the freezer until frozen.
- Prior to serving, prepare a quoting of rose petals as below:
- Take 1 tablespoon of rose petals, mix in ½ teaspoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of sugar
- mix it well and lay it on a flat plate.
- Take each popsicle and roll it on the plate with the rose petals.
- Once done, put the popsicles back in the freezer for half an hour. The rose petals quoting would now stick on the popsicles and wont fall off.