This recipe needs no introduction….as I am sure we all have at some point, tossed some veggies with the left over white rice and created a quick meal! right? I know! This happens quite often in my kitchen!!
Well, how about we make this process a tad bit more healthier by adding the “Super” veggie – Asparagus! and taking a one step further by infusing it with the super spice of our era – Turmeric!
Turmeric has gained popularity all across the globe due to it’s natural healing properties. Follow the links for more Turmeric inspired recipes here ->Turmeric Golden Milk (Turmeric Latte), Turmeric Hummus (healing, healthy and nutritious!)
Asparagus which is actually a “Shoot” or a “Sprout” offers great detoxification and healing properties which are often not know to everyone and is often ignored!
Here are some health benefits that Asparagus provides –
- Nutrients – Asparagus is loaded with Folic Acid (60% in 5 ounces), Vitamin B and Potassium!
- It’s a Natural Diuretic – It naturally helps body get rid of excessive salt and flush out toxins from kidneys. Great for people with high blood pressure and diabetes and urinary problems!
- A mood balancer – Because of it’s dense nutrients composition, Asparagus provides a good source to uplift your mood.
- High in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant nutrients. Great for preventing many diseases.
Here is a simple way to include Asparagus and Turmeric to your rice and create a healthy detox meal!
Please see below for the detailed recipe that is quick, easy and delicious..
- one chopped onion
- one bowl of washed and cut Asparagus stalks
- one bowl of cooked white rice
- ¼ teaspoon of Turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of oil (of your choice)
- In a pan, stir fry chopped onions using some oil
- Add in chopped Asparagus and sauté until a bit tender but still crunchy
- Add in rice
- Add in Turmeric and other spices and stir
- Lastly, add in lemon juice
- Serve with sliced avocados, sprinkled with roasted sesame seeds!
Hope you enjoyed! do leave me a comment 🙂